Friday, March 20, 2009

Indoor cooking with a Sun Oven

This may sound a little different, but I was able to cook inside using the Sun Oven. I work in downtown Salt Lake during the day, which makes it a little difficult to set up my Sun Oven outside of my office to cook a lunch.

So, just for fun I set up the Sun Oven in the large conference room at my office, where the sun shines directly through, and let it heat up for about 20 minutes. Then I stuck my corn dogs in it and left them for about 30 minutes. When I got back to them, they were crisp and ready to eat. I would have to admit that the Sun Oven cooked corn dog was a lot better than the soggy ones I usually get out of the microwave.


I guess it goes to show that the Sun Oven really can be used where ever there is sun - indoor and outdoor.


The photo shows it in it's indoor action. Sorry, no video for this one. Maybe another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment